Commercial Permit & Federal Legal Policy

California  Offices  Locations
210 East Lake St.,
Mount Shasta, California 96067

Bear Valley Office:

265 Bear Valley Rd,
Bear Valley, California 95223

Lone Pine Office:
120 South Main St., Suite 1.5,
Lone Pine, California 93545

Reservations & Information: 888.797.6867


SWS Mountain Guides Commercial Permits

Sierra Wilderness Seminars Inc. dba SWS Mountain Guides, dba California Ski Guides dba California Rock Guides operates under Special Use Permits & Commercial Use Authorizations in the following public lands: Inyo National Forest / Shasta-Trinity National Forest / Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest / Eldorado National Forest / Stanislaus National Forest / Lassen Volcanic National Park / Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Parks  / Alabama Hills Recreational Area / Others where appropriate.

Essential Eligibility Criteria

To participate in SWS Mountain Guides Climbs, Courses, and Clinics you must be able to walk, hike, climb or ski over uneven natural terrain while carrying a pack. Read More Here

Federal Legal Policy

“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.  (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information is also available in languages other than English.
To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at Assistant Secretary of Civil Rights or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provided in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by (a) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (b) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (c)” “USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.”

Ski & Board Overnight Hot Wax
Boot Fitting
Snowboard Rentals


Bear Valley Village Guided Tours
Bear Valley Backcountry Guided Tours
Bear Valley SnowCat Tours – Coming for 2024
Bear Valley Avalanche Level 1
Bear Valley Avalanche Level 2
Bear Valley Avalanche Rescue
Bear Valley Rock Climbing
Bear Valley Rock Courses
Lover’s Leap Rock Climbing
SWS Mountain Guides
BV Ice Ax & Mountain Clinics
Mt Shasta Climbs
California Ski Guides
Shasta Ski Descents
California Rock Guides
Sierra Alpine Rock


BV Ski Shop: 209-213-8322

Bear Valley Office &
Backcountry Ski Shop

Across from the Lobby in the Bear Valley Lodge
P.O. Box 5104
265 Bear Valley Rd, Bear Valley, California 95223

SWS Main Office: 
110 Alpine St., Mount Shasta, California 96067